Contract terms for Krokedil’s services and products
Version 1, 2023-02-10
- These conditions regulate the relationship between the customer (“customer”) and Krokedil Produktionsbyrå AB, org. no. 556805-0271, Hamngatan 2, 671 31 Arvika, (“Krokedil”), regarding Krokedil’s services (“services”) and products (“products”).
- Customer can be a legal entity or physical person of legal age. Customer may not assign or transfer parts of services or products to anyone else without Krokedil’s consent.
- Changes to the terms of the contract may take place. When this happens, the contract terms are updated at krokedil.com/terms. Customer is responsible for keeping up-to-date on Krokedil’s terms and conditions.
2. CONTENT OF SERVICES/PRODUCTS
- What is included in Krokedil’s services and products is what is described in the respective product description on krokedil.se, unless otherwise stated in a separate order confirmation.
- Changes to the content of services/products may occur. When this happens, the current product description is updated on krokedil.se.
- Support is usually available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm via e-mail, deviations may occur. Support is free of charge in cases where it is included according to the quote or product description.
- Support includes matters where the customer’s problem is remedied without development time. Cases where programming is required do not count as support.
- In the management agreement service, the customer can redistribute time within the framework of the period for which the invoice is paid. If the customer does not use the time during the period the invoice applies to, there will be no refund. The customer cannot transfer hours to the next period.
- In the management agreement service, Krokedil can ask the customer to switch up in time if necessary to get the work done that the customer and Krokedil have agreed upon. If the customer does not want to do so, Krokedil has the right to refrain from doing the work that does not fit within the scope of the current management agreement.
3. AGREEMENT TERM/TERMINATION
- The agreement begins when confirmation/invoice is issued by Krokedil or direct payment in the form of a card purchase or similar is made. The agreement runs for the time for which payment is made, unless otherwise stated in the order confirmation.
- Krokedil applies the Distance and Home Sales Act (Distans- och hemförsäljningslagen, SFS 2005:59), which means that the customer has the right to cancel the contract within 14 days via email@example.com.
- The customer can choose to renew the contract period by making payment and thereby agreeing to the conditions for the new contract period. Termination of the agreement takes place in writing to Krokedil via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of termination and cancellation by the customer during the current contract period, there will be no refund of payment for the remaining contract period.
- Upon termination of Krokedil WordPress hosting, the customer is responsible for the cost of moving the website to another web host.
- Right of withdrawal does not apply to purchases where a 3rd party is involved, such as ordering domain names, SSL certificates, software licenses and other things that become relevant with the customer’s order.
- Krokedil has the right to terminate the contract with the customer at any time during the contract period. Termination takes place by Krokedil notifying the customer of this via email. If termination occurs because the customer violates the conditions that apply according to this agreement, there will be no refund of payment for the remaining agreement period.
- The fee is charged according to Krokedil’s current price list for the service/product, unless otherwise stated.
- Krokedil can make price changes on an ongoing basis. When this happens, the customer has the right to terminate the agreement if desired.
- All prices are stated excluding VAT.
- Krokedil charges as a minimum of one hour even if the task takes less time to complete, then the time is calculated per half hour started. The exception is if the customer has purchased an hourly rate, then tasks are charged per half hour right from the start.
- Krokedil is only responsible for damages that Krokedil causes through negligence. Krokedil’s liability for damages is limited to direct losses to a total value corresponding at most to the fee for the applicable service/product during the applicable contract period. Compensation is not paid for loss in business, or indirect damage, such as reduced production or turnover for customers or third parties.
- With the Krokedil WordPress Hosting service, Krokedil does not guarantee that the customer’s website will not be subject to intrusion or failure, but does, on the other hand, guarantee that there is a backup of the customer’s website that enables the website to be recreated from the last backup copy made. In the event of a breakdown, labor costs for re-reading the backup with the equivalent of 1 hour’s time are included. If more time is required, there will be an additional cost for working time according to the current hourly rate.
- In the Krokedil WordPress Hosting service, 2 hours of troubleshooting is included in the price in the event of a malfunction, for example if the page is down or has significantly longer loading times than normal. Time beyond this is charged according to the applicable hourly rate.
- The Krokedil WordPress Maintenance service includes 1 hour of troubleshooting/recovery work in cases where updating the plugin, themes or WordPress causes operational disruptions on the website. If these errors are due to functional changes that the Customer has made to the website (for example, installed new plugins), then the Customer is responsible for the cost of troubleshooting and restoring the page.
- In the Management agreement – maintenance service, Krokedil fixes any problems that arise when updating the theme and plugin. Primarily within the framework of management hours, then according to the applicable hourly rate. Before Krokedil begins work according to extra billing, the customer is contacted to obtain approval.
6. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that Krokedil has access to correct and effective contact information.
- The customer is responsible for the secure management of the customer’s username and password.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that content on the customer’s website does not infringe the rights of third parties, otherwise violate Swedish legislation or cause serious damage or is clearly indefensible from an ethical point of view.
- With the Krokedil WordPress Hosting service, Krokedil has the right to check information that is handled within the web host in connection with troubleshooting or if there are suspicions of crime. Krokedil has the right to immediately remove or move information handled within the web host if this information causes damage to Krokedil’s customers, servers or network. This also applies if the damage is caused indirectly by the content giving rise to overload or illegal attacks from outsiders.
- Krokedil processes personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Act.
- Krokedil does not release confidential information about the customer to third parties unless an authority requests such information or if the customer has given their consent.
- Each party to this agreement shall be exempted from damages and other penalties if fulfillment of the agreement is prevented or made difficult by circumstances beyond the party’s control. If the performance of the agreement has been prevented to a significant extent for longer than one month due to a circumstance stated above, each party has the right to withdraw from the agreement in writing without liability for compensation.
- Disputes regarding the interpretation or application of this agreement shall be settled in the district court of Värmland and with the application of Swedish law.