Two new plugins During the winter Krokedil has launched two new plugins for Klarna – Klarna Checkout and Klarna Payments for the new improved v3
No passwords, no login, no hassle. Increase conversions in your checkout and offer every popular payment method in one integration. With Klarna for WooCommerce, you can let Klarna handle your whole checkout or you can make your existing checkout more powerful by offering the payment solution that you want.
Customers who want to pay in full at checkout can do it quickly and securely with a credit/debit card. If they have a Klarna account they can save their details and enjoy one-click purchases from then on.
Try it first, pay it later. Delayed payments for customers who like low friction purchases and to pay after delivery.
Installment, revolving and other flexible financing plans let customers pay when they can and when they want.
Which Klarna solution are you interested in?
What’s the difference between Klarna Checkout and Klarna Payments?
Klarna Checkout is a complete checkout experience from Klarna. It’s an iframe based checkout that to a large extent replaces WooCommerce own checkout. The customer identifies with personal number and ZIP and then decides how they want to pay, either with credit- or debit card, invoice, direct payment or installment. The big news with the new plugin is that it supports Klarnas global checkout feature.
- The new KCO plugin has support for Klarnas global checkout. This means that customers from over 160 countries can use the checkout (fallback to card payments).
- The new plugin doesn’t require a separate checkout page and no unique shortcode. Instead it follows the WooCommerce standard checkout flow as much as possible.
- Better compatibility with other plugins that extends the functionality in the checkout (newsletter, extra checkout fields and so on). We can’t guarantee 100% support, but much better than with the old one.
Klarna Payments, on the other hand, is displayed like a regular payment method in the standard checkout. You choose which payment methods you offer your customers. Choose between invoice, direct payment, credit/debit card or installment.
- Klarna Payments offers all of Klarnas payment methods but as a regular payment method in WooCommerce standard checkout.
- The older system (KPM) that offered Klarna invoice and installment is now replaced with Klarna Payments.
- Next to the selection of the payment method a small Klarna widget will appear where the customer can read more about the payment method they choose.
Take a look at our helpful articles and guides about our Klarna plugins.
During the past week we have launched new plugins for Klarna. It’s about two new plugins that eventually are going to replace Klarna for WooCommerce.